Charge! is an engaging and fun game that will give students the opportunity to review vocabulary terminology. Students will move from desk to desk around the room (see chart on the next page).
- Something to use as a timer (cell phone, stopwatch, etc.)
- Charge Card Vocabulary Question Cards 1-9 (one card on each desk)
- Charge Card Vocabulary Question Cards 10-18 (one card on each desk)
- Recording Sheet (one per student)
- Charge Card Game – Blank
- Charge Card Game – Answer Key
- Make copies of games cards and recording sheet (you can use colored paper and laminate cards to reuse).
- Pass out recording sheet to each student. • Place a task card at each student desk, face down.
- When your say charge, students will flip card and begin by answering the question at their own desk. (Let’s say that Susie is sitting with the Number 3 card. She will move to the number 4 card next, 5, 6 and so on.) Students will answer the questions on the recording sheet. Questions should only take between 30-45 seconds to answer.
- When prompted by the word Charge!, students move to the desk that would be next in numerical order.
- Students will visit each desk in the classroom and answer all the questions on the card.
- At the end of the game, collect all question cards and review answers.
Suggestions For Managing The Game
- Demonstrate or practice moving from desk to desk before starting the game.
- Watch your timing (you don’t want to have them move too soon or take too long).
You can see example of how to play:
Charge Card Vocabulary Question Cards 1-9 (one card on each desk)
Charge Card Vocabulary Question Cards 10-18 (one card on each desk)
Recording Sheet (one per student)