Let's educate the next generation of innovators together.
Presenting Florida Power & Light Company's Free Energy Curriculum. This platform gives teachers the tools they need to do what they do best, which is to teach.
Knowledge is Power!
Florida Power & Light Company supports education initiatives that help develop our next generation of leaders and create opportunities for all students.
- FPL has created a robust curriculum for grades 4, 5 and 6 that covers energy standards in science, English language arts and math.
- The free, open-source online curriculum is designed to ensure that students have a deeper understanding about the importance of energy and all its forms.
- Lesson plans containing Next Generation Sunshine State Standards, Big Ideas, objectives, vocabulary, an overview, materials, teacher resources and much more.
- This curriculum works for all students regardless of their educational paradigm.
- Transferable skills of critical thinking, synthesis and research are developed and are applicable to future learning experiences.
- Students begin to consolidate learning by synthesizing ideas from many perspectives and consider an alternative way of acquiring knowledge.
- This fully-developed curriculum helps students cover topics in more depth, increases vocabulary, and ultimately improves test scores.
This super easy-to-use and accessible content was built by teachers for teachers and includes:
- Best classroom practices for flexible program scheduling
- Virtual instruction that is interactive for teachers and students
- Activities laid out in a step-by-step process, which can be completed by a student or as a demonstration
- Lesson materials can be found in the classroom, at home, or at a local store at little cost
Our open-source curriculum is available to any interested teacher or school district, anywhere — whether that is a public, private, charter or home school.
Webinar training can be scheduled at a time and date convenient to the school district or educational provider. Send an email to Education@fpl.com and we will do everything we can to help you educate the next generation of innovators.